- Work for a global leader in the health and fitness industry!
Are you passionate about healthy living? Are you looking for an exciting role where your passion and experience can create ripples of change? Where you can be part of a brand with a huge purpose, inspiring healthy habits for millions of people across the globe?
Who we are:
WW is a global wellness company and the world's leading commercial weight management program. We inspire millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. Through our engaging digital experience and face-to-face group workshops, members follow our liveable and sustainable program that encompasses healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. With more than five decades of experience in building communities and our deep expertise in behavioural science, we aim to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about the WW approach to healthy living, please visit www.weightwatchers.com/au
About the Role:
WW ANZ is looking for a talented Area Manager to build the customer experience for WW members by building and leading a high performing team. This role also owns the business performance, growth and profitability of the area. In this varied role, you will manage the day-to-day operational needs of the area to ensure that members attending workshops and personalised coaching receive the highest standard of service.
You will lead a team of coaches and will ensure that they have the skills, training and engagement required to deliver an amazing experience to our members. The role will also bring inspiring leadership, to create an engaged team culture that reflects the WW purpose and achieves our business goals.
In this role you will have ownership of all the workshops throughout Northern Queensland ranging from the Sunshine Coast up to north of Cairns. Our workshops mostly take place on week days in the morning, lunch time and evenings with some also run on Saturday mornings. You will be expected to work from home and remotely travelling around to visit all the workshops as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Owns the business performance and profitability of the area.
- Finds ways to expand attendance growth and new enrolments in the existing workshop base as well as opening new, relevant workshops.
- Seeks new opportunities for profitable business growth and sees it through from start to finish.
- Understands the local market and uses knowledge on shifts in demographics and the economy to make viable business decisions.
- Evaluates data on area attendance, profit margins, demographics and talent management to develop and implement area action plans and make decisions.
People Management & Leadership
- Leads the recruitment and selection process of the field team (coaches across all channels). Understands the job functions and recruitment needs for the area and develops effective & proactive recruiting strategies for all lines of business.
- Arranges subbing as required.
- Has an active presence in the field. Communicates regularly and builds a highly motivated and committed team.
- Manages the performance of individuals and team by coaching, providing timely feedback and taking appropriate actions. Recognises and develops high performers.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are adhered to by staff.
- Support the corporate training curriculum and arrange and deliver skills building workshops where necessary.
- Provides coaching support to remote areas. Utilises innovative training delivery methods like face-to-face training or distance if required (e.g. virtual training).
- Onboards and coaches new coaches as required.
- Identifies the learning needs and skills/knowledge gaps of coaches.
- Seeks out and notes best practices and utilises this information in coaching others.
- During workshop visits, provides feedback to everyone working in the workshop.
- Provides effective, constructive and motivational performance feedback. Follows up with clear, helpful and timely written documentation.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of WW workshop room guidelines and service delivery.
Partnership & Relationship Building
- Enhances business performance and achieves goals by partnering with the Head of Field Operations ANZ.
- Builds excellent rapport with staff & responds to staff in a timely manner.
- Creates a high performing and motivated environment, inspiring staff who are committed to excellence and personal development.
- Keeps Head of Field Operations ANZ informed of area needs, workshop and area trends and critical issues.
- Works closely with the one other Area Manager in VIC to build state plans and drive consistency in the experience for all Victorian members and prospects.
- Manages performance of workshop team.
- Have workshops available at the right time, location and frequency.
- Plans and manages the optimum workshop penetration level for the area.
- Identifies profitable workshop openings and unprofitable workshops to be closed.
- Develops tactics that support corporate strategic initiatives.
- Manages the venues for the area.
- Ensures each workshop has adequate stock.
- Ensures high quality member experience through strategic placement of coaches and workshop teams who bring our purpose to life. Conducts regular workshop visits and gives timely feedback.
- Looks for opportunities to continually improve the member experience including initiating local promotional events.
- Works with head office to implement service tests.
- Teaches excellent customer service skills and empowers staff to make good decisions in the meeting room. Ensures all coaches have understanding of WW offerings.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of WW program, guidelines and service delivery.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Successful track record of leading and managing diverse, geographically dispersed teams and building high performing teams.
- Strong working knowledge of contemporary health and wellness practices in a fast paced environment.
- Proven track record of generating and implementing new business development initiatives and actions to deliver business growth.
- Planning, budgeting and execution of the annual operating plan and delivery of activities to achieve set KPIs.
- Experience in industries relevant to WW activities that may include health and wellbeing, retail, food service, hospitality and leisure, FMCG or a consumer- healthcare arena. Experience in subscription-led businesses or member based organisations would be highly valuable.
- Proven experience building and leading high-performing, multi-disciplinary teams - providing authentic and inspiring leadership.
- Experience working and cooperating in large, matrix-type organisations, with non-hierarchical functional relationships - corporate experience with a start-up mentality.
If this sounds like the job for you hit APPLY now!